Retail Manager [POSITION FILLED]
In addition to their duties as a Tourism Visitor Information Counselor promoting Hope to visitors, the Visitor Centre Retail Manager is responsible for operation of the retail space and promotion of advertising opportunities at the Hope Visitor Centre. This includes things like ordering stock, managing inventory and processing advertising contracts.
This is a permanent part-time position of 20 hours/week, up to 1100 hours annual, with the potential for additional hours based on revenue from the business market advertising initiative.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Tourism/Visitor Information Counselor certificate within six months of start date
- Strong customer service and organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills, knowledge of additional language(s) considered an asset
- Previous experience of sales and cash handling
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills
- Knowledge of retail stock management and control principles and procedures
- Knowledge of Hope and area an asset
- The Hope Visitor Centre is open year-round. The successful candidate will be required to work a variety of shifts including holidays and weekends
- Tourism Visitor Information Counsellors spend a significant amount of time standing and walking in the course of their everyday duties
- Occasionally required to lift and carry items up to 50lbs